Your Hair Needs Me

...we can always DYE it black.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Dye for Feather Hair Extensions

Birds of a feather....


..as most would say flock together but with Feather Hair Extensions...you can blend in or stand out as much as you want to.  That is what makes this new hair trend so great.  I recently attended Magic/Project in Las Vegas and majority of the models walking around for various brands were sporting all types of feathers in their hair. I mean lets be honest...last years the trend was tinsel in the hair and I was NOT a fan...but this year Feather Extensions are getting the attention they deserve and even the shyest of my hair clients are asking about and booking appointments to have them put in their hair!



What makes this new hair trend so great is that the feathers them selves are meant to be washed and dried. I'm not saying run your flat iron over them and run a round brush through them but you can shower with them...wash your hair and style as normal... they can handle a little rough housing!  Last year I made some Red/White & Blue Feather hair clips for my girl fiend Pauline and I to wear to my Best friends 4th of July party and they were a hit. 


However these were not made to shower in and they were attached with clips.  I get all of my Feathers for the extensions from one of my favorite suppliers, The Hair Shop in Costa Mesa. I apply all of the Feather Extensions to my clients with micro beads and they can last in the hair if handled with care for up to 4 months.  The price for applying them is pretty standard from salon to salon...anywhere from $30-$60 for up to 5 bundles applied to the hair and there are typically 2-3 feathers in each bundle...I don't know who came up with the word bundle for 2-3 feathers, but I'm not going to try and change the game now!


I let my clients create their own color pattern. Most blonde's just have me apply the neutral tones to their hair, where the brunettes and red heads are having so much fun playing with color. I am anticipating now that I will be putting in and taking out several of these from now throughout the fall...with events like Coachella, Burning Man, Lighting in a Bottle, Sasquatch and so on coming up its the perfect way to accessorize with out trying so hard. And hey if you try Feather Extensions and they are not for you....




we can always dye them black.



No comments:

Post a Comment